CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Open the Gates and Seize the Day

So the other day I decided to get the kids up off the couch and moving.  I remembered as a kid watching the show Newsies and dancing like goof-ball trying to keep up with the dancers in the movie.  So, I did a YouTube search for Newsies songs and viola – plenty of nerd-based exercise for the whole family.  We played through all the songs and re-played several of the one’s that the kids especially liked.  Ever since then the kids have loved jumping around as we sing “Open the Gates and Seize the Day” or “I’m the King of New York”.    My favorite is when Tyler jumps around then drops to a knee and puts his fist to his chin like he’s posing for a photo shoot or something. 

The other night I heard Tyler singing himself to sleep with this song so I had him sing it on video.  I don’t know that he’s got it quite polished enough for American Idol, but it should at least bring a smile to your face.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Now that's cute. I remember you Tag, singing with your mother everything from primary songs to Barbra. Tyler, you are great and Reagan it looks like you are right on the beat. Grandpa Dan loves you all.

    ReplyDelete