CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 11, 2011

Visit from Gma and Gpa Checketts

Well, I honestly thought I was going to have a lot of free time on my hands with the anticipated shut down of the federal government.  I was not only going to get caught up on my blog, but I was finally going to write that novel I’ve been working on, fix the brakes on the car, work on my free-lance photography………ok, I was going to try and finally defeat Angry Birds but at least I had a plan.  If there was a furlough, I had thought about trying to go to the workforce services office to look for a temporary job, but as I started to list my skills I realized my only hope was for the government to stay open.  I mean, really, only the government sees bullets on a resume like “skillfully attends meetings”, “adequately applies 6th grade grammar to email correspondence”, and “usually stays awake” as commendable attributes.  Thankfully Congress came together and worked things out so I was able to return to “work” today.

In spite of my hard day’s labor (actually I ended up taking most of the day off because I accidentally left my laptop at home – yes that’s true), I figured I had procrastinated blogging long enough and that I needed to at least post something.  Thankfully we actually had something to blog about.  Grandma and Grandpa Checketts were in the neighborhood on business so they stayed in town over conference weekend to spend some time with us and the kids.  It was a great chance for Tyler and Reagan to reunite with Grandma and Grandpa and it was also nice for me and Thesha to have a few helping hands around to keep the kids occupied.  We really enjoyed watching conference and sharing some time with them too. 

Here’s a quick picture of the kids with Gma and Gpa Checketts.

Gma and Gpa Checketts with Kids

Now, usually I would have at least a handful of pictures here but unfortunately we ran into some technical difficulties with our computer and the camera.  For some reason when we move our pictures from the camera to the computer, the images come out distorted, discolored, or fragmented.  This has happened in the past and I am usually able to get around it eventually, but this time was just the straw that broke the camel’s back.  It took about 10 minutes just to finally get this one picture over and even then I had to crop it a little to get rid of the distortion at the bottom of the picture.  So, we finally broke down and bought a new computer.  Of course, it will take a week to get here, so you’ll all just have to come back in a week or so.  By then we’ll have a computer that will match the performance of our camera, we’ll hopefully have something else to blog about, and maybe there will even be a federal budget that gets approved for the rest of the year instead of just another week.  Ok, well, we should at least have a computer.  I’ll just have to make up the rest.

5 comments:

  1. OK, so now I'm really jealous, not only does grandpa Checketts have a grandma Checketts but he has more opportunity to hold the grand kids. Everyone looks happy and it seems they are having fun so I guess I should be greatful that Tyler and Reagan has some face to face time with the extended family. I'm also pleased that you (Tag) still have a job and someplace to go every morning where you can skillfully attend meetings and use that expencive 6th grade grammer. I was wondering, here at Hill Field they issue cotts for supervisors. Is your cott comfortable???

    Love you all,
    GP Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who the waving dufus is in the picture, but he looks incapable of 6th grade level, that's for sure.

    Glad to hear that things worked out for you. We sure enjoyed our visit and will see if we can't make it back out there before too long. Enjoyed GP Dan's comments. We love him too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have funny dads! ;) But really, the blog looks so cute - Tag - it appears that being raised with three sisters has made you quite the creative man! Next time I need some help with my quite simple blog, I'll call you! I guess I'm glad you still have a job out there... just thinking though that maybe if you didn't you could come back ;D - just sayin' Love and miss you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually Thesha manages the look of the blog and I just write the posts. Being raised with three sisters just helped me pick out a good wife.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to take credit for your ability to pick out a great wife. I'm fairly sure that genitic gift came through me and not your sisters. Now, that being said, I'm not sure what twist of genitic fate made Thesha walk into the America First where she could be scooped up by Mr.TC??? I'm just glad she did. OH and the pictures of the kids in what I assume are their Easter clothes are great.

    Love you all,
    GP Dan

    ReplyDelete